Filkhedma, part of the SweepSouth group, Africa's largest online home services platform, offering services in home cleaning, gardening, plumbing, electricians and more, making a booking, paying for and managing home service a breeze. Well-funded and the first in Africa, we utilise technology to modernise the home services industry and provide our customers with a convenient, easy and trusted service, as well as positively impact employment on the continent (and beyond!). SweepSouth recently expanded its footprint in Africa by acquiring the leading home service provider in Egypt, FilKhedma. We are in the process of integrating the Egyptian operations into the wider SweepSouth organisation.
Role Objective: Directly responsible for all marketing activities in Egypt. The role will lead the development and execution of the local marketing strategy in collaboration with the global marketing team. Primarily responsible for executing and delivering on the agreed marketing strategy and growth figures through managing the local marketing budget, channel selection, content development, and local media buying. This role will report to the Group Head of Marketing in South Africa.
- Lead the local marketing team.
- Develop local marketing strategy
- Collaborate with global marketing team to share insights and enhance strategies
- Come up with the right marketing channels both digital and offline.
- Deliver weekly/monthly customer acquisition and usage targets using the agreed budget
- Work closely with the regional marketing team on performance marketing
- Engage and manage local agencies for content production
- Analyze customer usage across different services and channels and alter strategy accordingly
- Build awareness for the Filkhedma brand in Egypt and communicate the brand values to the target audience
- Build local partnerships with other brands to trigger sharing users and increasing purchase
- Support launch team in expansions outside Egypt with launch marketing strategy and execution
- Measure, optimise and drive CAC, acquisition and business targets. Align with international team with performance and initiatives to drive these
- Use analytics and reporting tools to have a deep understanding of performance trends and identify interventions or opportunities at an early stage
- Be the “champion” of growth in Egypt and work with key stakeholders to ensure business objectives are reached.
Requirements (Qualifications, Experience, Technical and Behavioural competencies):
- Proven experience of at least 7 -10 years in the marketing function, of which at least 4 in a managerial position.
- Experience managing a multi-million EGP marketing budget
- Minimum undergraduate degree.
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
- Team management experience is essential.
- Extensive experience in process development and improvement is essential.
- Experience working in a role with multi-disciplinary reporting lines a plus.
- Technology/e-commerce background is highly advantageous.
- Previous high growth start-up experience is a big plus.
- Advanced Excel skills are essential.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritize important projects.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, especially dealing with internal and external stakeholders in a clear, concise and respectful but self-assured manner
- Experience working in a cross-cultural organisation is preferred.